Friday, June 18, 2021 “Kickoff Event” at the Trenton War Memorial
We expect to host 75-100 people at this invite only event. The event will include recognition of members of the community, cultural performances, elected officials, dignitaries and various representatives of local community organizations highlighting the history of Juneteenth and the contributions of African Americans in the United States.
Saturday, June 19, 2021 (activities in multiple locations including Mill Hill Park and Warren and Front Streets (blocked off)
● Youth Art Activities: Painting, Collage Making, Mobile Garden Demonstration by Isles and Center for Child and Family Achievement Literacy Village
● Adult and Youth Poetry/Storytelling Event: Actionbound Scavenger Hunt (history of Juneteenth, local history, landmarks)
● Health and Wellness Pavilion Activities: Cooking demonstrations, Capital City YMCA physical fitness activities (Yoga, Zumba), mental health resources, Gardening (Take home grow kits), and more.
● Community Stage (Legacy Stage): Presentations by local youth organizations Tha Block LLC, Association for the Study of African American History and Life, inc., Culture in Education Excellence and more.
● Cultural Performances (two stages): West African Dance and Drumming,
presentations by local dance companies and headline performances.
● Bike Ride Registration: Dual event for 30 and 50 mile Bike Ride by Exit 7A Riders. Bike tour will start at Mill Hill Park and end at Mill Hill Park.
Sunday, June 20, 2021
● Gospel Concert at Mill Hill Park